Actually “Design” is a broad type of stream. Once upon a time, if you heard the word “design”, it is not immediately clear what they actually do. There are numerous pillars of responsibility which together hold design upright.
There are different types of designers. Those are graphic designers, textile designers, interior designers, fashion designers, ceramic designers, print designers and more.
World- wide, there are over 4-billion internet users and 1.94-billion websites are there. It is not easy to impress a huge number of users. With unique website design, you may catch and hold the attention of some users.
However, it’s crucial to deliver good user-experience and a user-friendly interface to impress the visitors on your site. An updated UI/UX designer can help your website reach this goal.
WHAT IS UI/UX DESIGN?
UI stands for the user interface, which includes the screens, pages, buttons, and all other Interactive elements such as drop-down menus, form fields, clickable elements, animations, button styling and more are all critical tools. UI designers are focus on user experience by designing easy-to-navigate software for all types of digital products like websites, applications, and other interactive devices.
Finally, UI is the look of the product or what a user interacts with, in a digital product. The user interface is what a user is typing in and looking at.
UX refers to the User Experience design. A user’s experience of the website is determined by how a user interacts with a digital product and feels as a result of that interaction.
Does navigating the website feel logical or does it feel confusing? Does interacting with the website give people the sense that they’re efficiently accomplishing the tasks they set out to achieve or does it feel like a struggle?
The user experience is how the user is performing desired functions, the actions she/he is taking and the emotions the user is feeling.
There are many elements used in UX design, but wireframing is one of the most important.
HOW TO GET HIGH PACKAGE JOB ON UI, UX IN 100 DAYS?
UI, UX design salaries vary wildly based on the skills of the designer and the nature of the company; however, I can give a brief overview.
To start within India, a fresher in UX may get a salary between 4L to 18L (or even more). It’s depending on the education, hiring company, quality of the candidate, etc.
Qualities that you should possess to get high salary:
MNCs and even startups pay nearly as good as 15-25 lakhs per annum. Design studios also as small agencies pay much less, around 10-12 lakhs per annum.
- As Intern- If we’re just starting out in the UX domain, make sure we have internship experience. Because, this will not only make you much more attractive to potential employers, but it will boost your portfolio with real-life experience.
- Great in-depth knowledge and excellent command of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator software.
- Familiarity with design tools like InVision, Axure, Omnigraffle, and Balsamiq used for wireframing (making a visual guide that represents the framework of a website).
- Sharpen Your Skills: While it’s helpful for more senior UX designers to be specialized in one channel or skill set, junior and mid-level designers should get as much experience as possible.
- UX designers to have broad skill sets. Visual design is the most sought-after skill, as well as interaction design and usability skills.
- You should have the courage to think outside the box related to other designers and to take risks to design something different & attractive.
- It will builts the ability to work on group projects and as well as interact with fellow designers so creative, talented and inspired.
- Stay Up to Date With Trends: As the design world is ever-changing to keep up with evolution in technology, it’s imperative for UX designers to stay abreast of trends. Otherwise, people won’t want to use their products.
- As far as soft skills go, the ability to communicate clearly as a crucial part of any UX design job. Because, while your working with stakeholders, developers, and team to establish workflows and project parameters as well as interviewing users to help meet product requirements, your ability to effectively receive and relay information will be critical to your success.
- Being a team player you good at problem-solving skills, and detail-oriented critical thinking are all core parts of the UX designer package.
- If you’re more interested in UX design, it’s worth noting that some companies prefer candidates with expertise in specific software packages. This shouldn’t discourage you, mastering numerous software packages gives you a chance to compare functionality, and then choose the best software for the project at hand.
- If you’re doing UX research, then you should know how to use MS Excel, Google Docs, and similar tools.
- Work hard and get success, but smart work will help you climb the career ladder faster. Don’t need to start to analyze and design from the ground level every time.