We all know how technology evolves and how the companies benefitted through the new age technologies. As we entered into the new decade, Not only companies, Government also looking forward to integrating these technologies with social good as the main Benefit. Honorable IT Minister of Telangana, K.T. Rama Rao (KTR) said, The state government has declared 2020 as the ‘”Year of AI”
Using Artificial Intelligence, the Government of Telangana decided to imbibe Artificial Intelligence to their existing technology and signed a few Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with few corporate companies on 02nd Jan 2020.
Artificial Intelligence – An intelligence such as thinking ability, recognition capability, decision making given to the machines to make things better in all sectors. AI going to be everywhere and you got to be everywhere with AI. Artificial Intelligence technology is going to take India as lead to become one of the world’s largest nations using AI technology and it is going to create 13 Trillion USD in addition to the world economy.
2020 – Year of AI
Artificial Intelligence deals with data and the state have almost lakhs of data sets of the total population of Telangana. The welfare of citizens of Telangana state in mind, Government taking steps to integrate AI technology to give a better society using different sectors. The IT sector identified few emerging technologies includes Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things (IoT) in finding the ways to use the technology.
Various companies signed MoU’s stating that they are ready to contribute to the state using Hyderabad as Hub.
Here are the details of companies who have signed MoU’s with Telangana Government:
- Intel – Research Center focusing on Smart Mobility and Health care.
- IIT Kharagpur – Planning to set up R&D park and an Artificial Intelligence for the domains of Advance Manufacturing Aerospace, Defence and Live Sciences.
- Nvidia – Setting up a High-performance AI center in Hyderabad to provide access to GPU technology for local start-ups using Data Science, Machine Learning.
- Adobe – Capacity Building & Mentorship in AI
- IIT Hyderabad – Running programs of Education & Training specific to AI, Setting up AI structure & also AI Strategic Partner for Govt. of Telangana.
- Wadhwani AI – To run projects in Health care & agriculture, Strategy partner & Adviser of State’s strategy on AI.
- Hexagon – Setting up an AI community center to offer a 3-month training program for school and college students starting from 8th standards.
- Norwegian Cluster of Applied AI (Norway) – Capacity Building Programs.
- Adhoc MoU’s with Tech Mahindra, AWS and TCS for various contributions in AI technology.
In addition to this, Honorable IT Minister of Telangana, K.T. Rama Rao (KTR) launched pilot projects related to State government sectors like Registration and Police Departments.
- IGRS Medha Chat-bot – Related to State’s registration purpose and it is in the budding stage
- Telangana AI-based Crowd Estimation & Management Application – To find crowd behavior which helps law enforcement agency and it is launched using AI-based face recognition system.
How AI benefits Citizens:
- Pensioners, benefitted by AI facial recognition system.
- Agriculture sector, Smart consultation with experts using Image Analysis.
- The anti-collision system in Automobiles
- There will be more benefits related to the Health sector.
Growth in Artificial Intelligence
Governments acquiring AI technology, so companies. As NASSCOM predicts there will be more than 230,000 jobs available in the coming years. The AI market is expected to grow by up to 52% by 2025 starting from 2017.
Goals of “2020 – Year of AI”
- Attract more than 200 AI Innovators/Startups which evaluates to 3B to 4B $ economy support.
- Educate top AI talent across the globe.
- Leverage AI to enable State Government to deliver public transformation.
- Reinforce the premise of Telangana efforts with AI for Social Good.
- Betterment of Agriculture, Health sector, Privacy, Equality, Fairness, and democracy of people of Telangana, IT Minister K.T. Rama Rao (KTR) said.